ADP (Assistive Device Program)
ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program)
MOD (March of Dimes)
IFHP (Interim Federal Health Program)
VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada)
Easter Seals Canada
MS Society of Canada
WSIB (Workplace Safety & Insurance Board)
Updated in May 2023
The following policy applies to all Mobility Specialties Inc. customers, effective January 7, 2020:
Short Shipment and Freight Damage
Claims for shortages, errors in delivery, or defects apparent on visual inspection must be made in writing to Mobility Specialties within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment. The buyer’s failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment.
In order to process your return as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in processing your return or have the credit denied.
- Products may be returned to Mobility Specialties only with advance authorization from Mobility Specialties Customer Service in the form of a Return Authorization (RA) number.
- The RA number must appear on the outside of the package in a clearly visible manner and location or will be returned to the sender.
- All approved returns must be shipped at the customer’s expense using their preferred carrier. Product or parts returns that are not pre-paid will not be accepted by Mobility Specialties Inc.
- The product must be saleable (not a discontinued item and not used) and must be properly packaged (original packaging preferred). Product or parts returns that are not approved as saleable will not be accepted by Mobility Specialties.
- If you are a dealer, all requests for a Return Authorization must be phoned to +1 (905) 798-1853 and include:
Reason for return
Item number and quantity
Invoice number, original sales order number, or original purchase order number and date
Serial number(s) if applicable
- Returned merchandise is subject to Mobility Specialties’s standard restocking fee.
- No returns will be accepted by Mobility Specialties if the request to return the products or parts is made beyond 15 days of the original ship date.
- RA’s are valid for 30 days and will not be accepted by Mobility Specialties if the item(s) is not returned within 30 days after a Return Authorization is issued.
- Configured and custom-made wheelchairs, seating systems are not eligible for return regardless of the order date.
- Mobility Specialties will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Mobility Specialties error, and if all items on the invoice are being returned.
- All seating components must be returned inside original sealed plastic bags.
Change Order and Cancellation Policy
Mobility Specialties sells custom Mobility products according to customer specifications. Quote, and order acknowledgments must be reviewed for accuracy.
Customized, specially ordered, or fabricated mobility and accessibility devices are not returnable or eligible for a refund. We also do not accept returns or exchanges for items that have come in contact with the skin. This includes, but is not limited to, lift chairs, seating, and positioning products, including wheelchair cushions and back supports, TENS units, patient lifts, blood pressure units, breast pumps, bathroom safety items, pillows, bedding, and mattresses, bracing, and continence care products.
- Product or parts returns for warranty items (i.e. product defects) are subject to Mobility Specialties’s evaluation but not subject to a restocking fee.
- Product or parts returns for non-warranty items (i.e. dealer error, overstock) are subject to Mobility Specialties evaluation and are subject to a restocking fee based on the following schedule:
Return Authorizations issued on orders shipped within 15 days of the original ship date and returned within 3 days of receiving the Return Authorization are subject to a 30% restocking fee.
Return Authorization issued on orders shipped within 30 days of the original ship date and returned within 7 days of receiving the Return Authorization is subject to a 50% restocking fee.
Restocking fee percentages are calculated based on the invoiced value of the product.
Call or Text +1 (905) 798-1853
30% Restocking Fee
Some products require a 30% restocking fee for returns. These include:
- Patient lifts
- Hospital beds
- Transport Wheelchairs
- Standard Rollators / Walkers
- Mobility Scooters
There are certain products that are custom-made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include:
- Built to order items / Custom wheelchairs
- Ridged ultra lightweight wheelchairs
- Type/Category 2 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 3 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 4 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 5 Wheelchair
- Tilt & Reclining wheelchairs
- Sports wheelchairs
- Custom Power Wheelchairs
- All Spare Parts
- Adaptive Strollers
- Geri Chairs
- Custom-built lift chairs/Recliners, including those with upgraded fabrics, heat and massage, PowerPillow, footrest extension or left-hand control options are non-returnable.
- Open-Box Items
- Wound care
- Wheelchair scales
For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable:
- Bathroom Safety products
- Lift Chairs & Geri Chairs
- Incontinence products
- Cushions and Backs
- Cushions & Back Covers